* Duration: 2 weeks/ 5 hours per week
* Free online course
* Start date: 05 March 2018
This course explores three approaches to the causality and dynamics of environmental systems, and how humans are involved and affected by these systems world-wide. It also includes an introduction to correlation and the limitations of statistical testing.
What topics will you cover?
- Understand the concept of causal relationships and how climate can determine vegetation type.
- Appreciate the difference between the climax concept of vegetation succession and the individualistic concept.
- Recognise that biodiversity is not distributed evenly over the Earth, but is clustered into centres of diversity.
- Understand that many individual interactions can lead to apparently chaotic fluctuations.
- Gain an awareness of the 1/f power function and how it can be used to transform apparently random fluctuations into a straight line.
For more info click here