* Duration: 3 weeks/ 3 hours per week
* Free online course
* Start date: 19 February 2018
In this course you will explore how going beyond ‘recipe following’, teachers can use practical work in chemistry to support explanation of theory. You’ll discover ‘microscale’ experiments to allow more students to take an active role in their learning through practical work.
What topics will you cover?
- Practical work for 14-16 year olds for the key topics of: electrolysis, rates of reaction and salt preparation.
- Contextualising practical work in chemistry to the everyday environment.
- How progression in practical work impacts on students’ learning.
- Assessment of learning through practical work in chemistry.
- Approaches to teaching practical science that can be applied to other topic areas.
For more info click here