* Duration: 3 weeks/ 3 hours per week
* Free online course
* Start date:05 Febaruary 2018
Migration often makes headlines; it’s become a key issue of politicians worldwide. But what is the reality of migration? This course will introduce you to key challenges of irregular migration and asylum seeking worldwide. You’ll look at key cases from around the globe, including asylum seekers arriving in Europe via the Mediterranean and Syrian refugees in Turkey, Central American labour migration to the USA and the Rohingya refugee challenge in Southeast Asia.
What topics will you cover?
- Definition of regular migration and asylum seeking
- Forced and voluntary migration
- The Syrian refugee crisis
- The EU asylum regime
- Politicising migration debates
- Mexican and Central American labour migration to the USA
- Gender and Latin American labour migration
- The case of the Rohingya in southeast Asia
- The ‘Pacific solution’ policy in Australia
For more info clcik here